.fm is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the Federated States of Micronesia, an independent island nation located in the Pacific Ocean.
Except for reserved names like .com.fm, .net.fm, .org.fm and others, any person in the world can register a .fm domain for a fee, much of the income from which goes to the government and people of the islands. The domain name is popular (and thus economically valuable) for FM radio stations and streaming audio websites (other similar ccTLDs are .am, .tv, .cd, .dj and .mu); a notable example is Last.fm, a social music website.
On March 29, 2018, .fm began allowing registration of emoji domains.
The .fm domain has also been used by various companies outside the audio streaming industry or the Federated States of Micronesia. Examples include:
- Ask.fm, website through which people ask and answer questions
- favstar.fm, website listing people's most favorited and retweeted Twitter posts
- FastMail, email provider, operates fastmail.fm
- Files.fm, cloud file storage
- Libre.fm, social music platform based on free software
- Overcast.fm, iOS podcast listening software
- Ping.fm, centralized tool for users to manage social media
- Relay.fm, an online podcasting network run by Myke Hurley and Stephen Hackett
- Smart.fm, online education tool
- Tastebuds.fm, dating website for music fans
- thefuture.fm, website providing a platform for DJs to distribute their mixes, and a source for internet radio
- Domain Discount24
- 101 Domain
- Marcaria (company)