.ni is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Nicaragua.
Second level domains
Registrations are at the third level beneath several second level names. There are also a handful of sites directly at the second level, including the registry site itself at nic.ni.
- .gob.ni: Nicaraguan government
- .co.ni, .com.ni: Commercial entities
- .ac.ni, .edu.ni: Educational institutions
- .org.ni: Non-governmental organizations
- .nom.ni: Personal domains of individuals
- .net.ni: Networks
- .mil.ni: Military institutions
For political and/or marketing reasons, .ni is also occasionally registered and used by sites based in Northern Ireland, rather than the United Kingdom's official ccTLD, .uk (or Ireland's .ie). The .co.ni subdomain is available for this purpose with the clear understanding that .co.ni is a subdomain of the .ni domain, which is the top level domain name for Nicaragua and as such subject to the terms and conditions of the .ni registry in Nicaragua.