.ck is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the Cook Islands.
Registrations are within these second-level categories:
- .co.ck: business organisations
- .org.ck: not-for-profit organisations
- .edu.ck: educational institutions
- .gov.ck: government agencies
- .net.ck: Internet Service Providers
- .biz.ck: Business related pages for the Cook Islands
- .info.ck: Information pages relating to the Cook Islands
Requirements of .ck registration
Pre-requisites for applying for a domain is as follows:
- Non-resident domain applications cost €222.00 (EUR) for a minimum of 2 years, and must be renewed every 2 years thereafter.
- Applications for a domain if it is already taken or is not affiliated with brand or name identity to you or your company e.g. 'nike.co.ck', 'mobil.co.ck', etc.
- Domains considered profane will not be considered on any level, and the application will be dissolved with the applicant being notified, and future requests for the same domain name will be ignored. '.ck' domains are monitored on the web, on a regular basis for profanity on the Internet if it is found to be doing so, or if the site is deemed inappropriate, the domain will be terminated without notification or refund.
In the media
- In the British sitcom Nathan Barley, the principal character registers his website, "trashbat", in the Cook Islands simply so that it has the amusing ".co.ck" suffix, which he always pronounces "dot cock."