||Elena Anaya Gutiérrez
17 July 1975
||Tina Afugu Cordero
Elena Anaya Gutiérrez (born 17 July 1975) is a Spanish actress whose career started in 1995. She starred alongside Antonio Banderas in Pedro Almodóvar's The Skin I Live In, for which she won the Goya award for Best Actress. She is also known for her roles in Van Helsing, Habitación en Roma (Room in Rome) and Wonder Woman.
Anaya was born in Palencia, Castilla y León, Spain. She is the youngest of three children. Her mother, Elena (Nena), is a housewife who later owned a boarding house in Palencia. Her father, Juan José Anaya Gómez (1934–2011), was an industrial engineer.
Anaya first received international attention in 2001 for her role in the sexually explicit drama Sex and Lucía. She also had a small part in Almodóvar's Talk to Her.
Her best-known Hollywood film role was as Aleera, one of Dracula's brides in 2004's Van Helsing. That same year, Anaya was named as one of European films' Shooting Stars by European Film Promotion.
In 2006, Anaya appeared in Justin Timberlake's music video for his single, "SexyBack".
Anaya at the 2010 Malaga Film Festival
After some "quiet" years playing supporting roles in international films such as Savage Grace and Cairo Time, Anaya roared back into prominence with a starring role in 2010's Room in Rome, and then a return to Almodóvar in The Skin I Live In.
In 2017, Anaya appeared as Doctor Poison in Wonder Woman.
In August 2011, Spanish tabloid magazine Cuore published photographs of Anaya kissing director Beatriz Sanchís at a naturist beach in Menorca. They were reportedly in a relationship from 2008 to 2013.
In November 2016, it was announced that Anaya was expecting her first child with her partner, Tina Afugu Cordero, a costume designer. In February 2017, Anaya gave birth to their son.
Awards and nominations
- ^ a b Lewis, Tim (14 August 2011). "Elena Anaya: Almodóvar's new leading lady". London: guardian.co.uk. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- ^ "Lista de ganadores de los premios Goya 2012". ABC.es. 20 February 2012. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- ^ Despiden en la intimidad al padre de Elena Anaya, fallecido ayer en Palencia [Father of Elena Anaya died yesterday in Palencia]. ABC.es. Spain. 17 December 2011. Retrieved 17 December 2011.
- ^ Chang, Kee (14 October 2011). "New York Film Festival Exclusive: Elena Anaya". Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- ^ Koenig, Gillian (14 October 2011). "Elena Anaya on Almodóvar's 'The Skin I Live In'". Retrieved 16 October 2011.
- ^ "Justin Timberlake Featuring Timbaland - Making Of SexyBack". 11 April 2011. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- ^ Emily Casalena (20 September 2016). "Wonder Woman: Elena Anaya Confirms She's Playing a Villain". Screen Rant. Retrieved 5 July 2017.
- ^ "El desnudo de Elena Anaya". August 25, 2011. Archived from the original on September 8, 2011. Retrieved August 27, 2011.
- ^ Elena Anaya confirma los rumores sobre su homosexualidad besando a su novia en la playa [Elena Anaya confirms the rumors about her homosexuality, kissing her girlfriend on the beach]. 25 August 2011. Retrieved 26 August 2011.
- ^ Parrado, A. (31 August 2011). "Elena Anaya y Beatriz Sanchís, una relación consolidada a lo largo de los años". Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- ^ Elena Anaya y Beatriz Sanchís, fin a cinco años de amor [Elena Anaya and Beatriz Sanchis end five years of love]. 1 September 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- ^ "En ¡HOLA!, la actriz Elena Anaya sorprende presumiendo de embarazo". 9 November 2016. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- ^ "Elena Anaya, embarazada de su primer hijo a los 41 años". 9 November 2016. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- ^ "Jon Kortajarena desvela el secreto de Elena Anaya: el sexo de su bebé". 16 November 2016. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- ^ "Elena Anaya y su novia, Tina Afugu Cordero, ya son mamás". Retrieved 12 February 2017.